Tuesday, April 29, 2014

January 2014

January 2014

It has been four months since I blogged!

The winter is tough on me as I seem to get every virus and cold and flu going around and then some!
However I was busy with my crafts!
I made 10  pages on my blog since December.  I
I also made a page "All about me." I will be adding those pages here soon.

I have new projects for this year.
1. I am getting back into crocheting! I made 2 scarves for Christmas gifts and one hat for a child.

2. I am going to do some sewing. My oldest daughter wants some cloth grocery bags. Her laundry room is downstairs in her apartment building. Her current bags are just the paper - cloth bags you get from the store.

3. I am pretty much out of large pieces of plastic canvas. So I will try to use up the smaller pieces and make some smaller items for Christmas and Birthday gifts.

4. I have been saving bottle caps, metal and plastic as well as corks. I have seen some really cute an simple items on Pinterest!  I LOVE PINTEREST!
Click here for my Pinterest account:
   My Pinterest account
Don't forget to come back here!

5.  Weaving, just simple cardboard and yarn weaving. I am making "Mug Rugs" or coasters!

Our New Apartment

We are doing great now for nearly 5 months at our new apartment. May 1 it will be 5 months.  We were 2 years in our last place.  It is so nice to have my own bedroom and bathroom. I have the master bedroom suite with it's own bathroom.  The third bedroom is office four me and my daughter to have our computers and storage.  We still have unpacking to do.
Last July I got 90% of what I left in Washington state when I moved down to California in 2011.  I still have some Christmas things at my friends.


Our new apartment complex has a pool! I cannot wait to swim this summer!


THE CATS!!!

The cats are adjusting well to the new apartment. They love to look out the window. We are on the third floor.  I have to watch the amount of opening of my window because Batman likes to climb the screen and pushed it out twice!!! Yikes!

                    Brothers Batman and Robin playing.

   Our three cats looking out the window. I called their names to take the photo!
 I lightened this up so you could see the face of Sleeping Robin.

I have been busy writing stories for my Early American tab.  I have several pages on my ancestors with photos and detailed information about them.


My family story of the Francis line that became the Mifflin line is a great read. I have my Welsh ancestors also. 
My tree at ancestry.com has over 20,000 names now. I have been busy helping others that are very distant cousins as well as close family. 

Some photos from those blogs:



Celia Morgan Mifflin
   Above: Photo of Celia's 90th Birthday - My Mom is the baby in this family photo. 


                               above: Agnes Smart

                               above: Eleanor Corns


                        Above: Lucretia Williams Mifflin


                        Above Howell Hopkins Mifflin

                             Above Tench Francis

More Blog pages:

I wrote some reviews about movies and books that I love and are my favorites. I will be adding those here also. 
I made some more plastic canvas such as Easter Baskets, Valentines hearts and Clovers and other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.