Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015 - Ground Hog Day

New page today
I added a new page today. It is called Poets from all time I never met

                           
The first poet featured is Rod McKuen. Rod passed away last week January 29, 2015 at the age of 81 in California complications from pneumonia.
Rod was the first male poet whose poems that I first loved.


The first female poet whose works I first loved was . Emily Elizabeth Dickinson who was born December 10, 1830 and died May 15, 1886.

Over the years since I first started learning about poets as a young teenager I first learned about the classic poets such as you hear from home or school.
I learned how to write poetry when I was 14 in 8th grade. I had a wonderful English teacher who went on to be a professor of English Literature and was the college director of the Little Theater at the College of Marin. The college of Marin was across the street from the Kent Grammar School/Middle school in which I attended in 1963 - 1964.

I will add more of my favorite poets from the classics and other Modern poets from my lifetime.

                           
Ground Hog Day:
Punxsutawney Phil, the world’s most beloved and furry seasonal prognosticator, has seen his shadow on Monday morning (despite overcast skies), portending six more weeks of winter.
Wonderful... We never got any snow this winter. We rarely do, sometimes just a few flakes or an inch.  I do miss the snow as I lived in several states that had a regular snowy winter in Oklahoma, Utah, and Washington.

My Mom's Page:
My Mom's page is still a work in progress and as I go through her notes I will add what she has to say from her own words. Mom will be celebrating her 85th birthday in April this year. 

Hope your winter is all that you want it to be and or at least endure it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.