Saturday, December 31, 2016

The End of 2016 - Last post of the year

December 31, 2017
I have not posted since October! I have posted a lot this year with the garden, the fires in California and Washington state as well as my vacations and the Blind Convention.  
Not too much was going on with me and my family since October.
We are into Winter now with snow on and off. We have enough snow to look very pretty and cause some driving issues when the snow melts and there is icy roads for my son in law and my daughter driving to work.
I do not drive since 1994. When I did live in areas where there was snow when I did drive, I have never driven in the snow. 
Thankfully my oldest daughter whom I live with and is my primary caregiver and her husband have lots of Minnesota driving experience. My daughter lived in Norway two winters and drove her 10 speed bicycle in the snow! So I feel she has a lot of experience.
So here are some Winter photos!

First I want to dedicate this page to Carrie Fisher and her Mother Debbie Reynolds, as well to the many whom we lost this year.
Debbie and Carrie 

Carrie Frances Fisher (October 21, 1956 – December 27, 2016
Mary Frances "DebbieReynolds (April 1, 1932 – December 28, 2016


Carrie sitting on a chair watching her Mother Debbie sing onstage

We lost so many people this year. Probably not anymore than we usually have in any given year, it just seems like it.  

Here are a few of those who passed this year whom were some of my favorites in my lifetime.


 Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman (21 February 1946 – 14 January 2016


Gene Wilder - Jerome Silberman June 11, 1933 – August 29, 2016

Doris Roberts  - Doris May Green; November 4, 1925 – April 17, 2016


Muhammad Ali  -  Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.  January 17, 1942 – June 3, 2016



Anton Viktorovich Yelchin March 11, 1989 – June 19, 2016





Patty Duke Anna Marie Duke December 14, 1946 – March 29, 2016


David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust - David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016)


Prince Rogers Nelson (June 7, 1958 – April 21, 2016)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 




2016

My Birthday is five days before Christmas and my daughter got me this Christmas cactus


Happy 67th Birthday to me - My daughter got me Strawberry shortcake as I wanted for my "cake"


The Christmas Cactus continues to bloom

-------------------------------------
Decorating the house and the tree the kids cut down from the tree farm
Decorated tree and our gas fireplace

Scandinavian Advent candles and Creche


                                    Close up of Creche

   My son in law and my youngest granddaughter decorate the tree

                          Ceramic Christmas village I bought 5 years ago

                           Christmas Village with Fairy lights


My new table for my bedroom I got at the Antique store with the Christmas Village


          Close up of the lighted Christmas Village

Christmas Village in the daylight


Close up of the Christmas tree


My 2nd daughter gave this Advent treat closet 5 years ago


One adds candy or small items to the tiny drawers for the kids


I made this plastic canvas and yarn tree a couple of years ago. I added some more ornaments to it this year

And then there is the snow...

My daughter shoveling the snow


I love the snow when it is in the tree before the wind blows it off


The snow in the sunshine down the street


The heavy snow day with the snow still on the tree


Christmas morning at our Temple


My daughter and her two daughters making snow figures


Snow figures 


The snow figures got snowed upon!


They lost a hat and a glove. I am sure we will find them when all the snow melts


Our house Christmas Day

-------------------------


My new Computer Chair - after using my manual wheelchair for the last 18 months I now have a comfortable chair


I got a very pretty pot for my new flower bulbs


A second flower pot with pretty mosaic designs


New flower bulbs  - Blue Scillas


Snow Crocus two tone very pretty


These Daffodils have some that have pink! 


Last night of the lights and the snow 


Me with my new Christmas Sweater


My other flowering Succulent type cactus with white flowers

---------------------------------------------

Christmas past


My brother and I - he is 4 and I just turned two


Me and my youngest daughter - she is age 4 and I just turned 25 in 1974



==========================

Christmas Humor


Even Darth Vader gets a cold



LOL


LOL

---------------------------------------
My favorite Christmas Greetings


Meowwwy Catmus!


I love the Vintage cards

===========================

Peace Love and Joy to all of you!




Happy New Year!
2017





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.