Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year 2018

2017 Wrap up

                 My Christmas tree and the snow outside Dec 25, 2017


I am welcoming 2018 with hopeful anticipation.  Many on social media have expressed that 2017 was filled with a lot of tragedies.

In my own circle, this was very true. The fires in California were devastating.  My former husband and his wife lost their home in the Santa Rosa area in the #Tubbsfire.  For more information on the Tubbs Fire see this link: #Tubbsfire 

My daughter and her fiance were on the edge of the evacuation zone in Santa Rosa. I have other cousins, Aunt and Uncle and friends who were evacuated. When my daughter and my son lived in Lake county they were evacuated several times several years as I have posted before here in my blog. 

A cousin's daughter's cousin was in Labor and delivered a baby Sunday Oct 8 only to have to be evacuated from the Kaiser Hospital in Santa Rosa a few hours later early on Monday Oct 9.

I have not heard yet about my cousin who lives in the Santa Barbara area of how they or her house are doing.

Our beloved Batman Kitty has passed away.  He fell out the third story window on my son's apartment.  He must have survived because 6 weeks later they found him on the side of the road.  He had been hit by a car. He was gone.  He had a scar on his head we presume was from the fall out the window. 
Here is a photo of Batman in the flyer my daughter and son posted.  They had many who searched for him for 6 weeks. RIP our beloved Batman. 

            My son Martin holding Batman - 2011 - 2017

This was the very saddest news of 2017 for my family and friends.

There are good things in 2017 and we are all grateful for that.


My Tutorials 

I have added several tutorials this year of my craft projects.

I had intended on adding more however I had several illnesses and injuries so I got behind.  My foot was injured in June; I pulled my right thigh ligaments in August and have had some Irritable Bowel Syndrome flare ups in November.  Thankfully I am feeling almost healed from all. 

I will be working on these Tutorials this year. 

Additionally my computer had issues. It was 10 years old and was laboring hard until things would just not work.

So I was using my backup my Laptop.

I have a lot of things I backed up on CD and DVD so thankfully I have the photos for the tutorials.

So I just need to write the tutorials.

Here are some of the Tutorials I am working on.

The Felt Kitties



The first group I made were to hang on the Christmas tree. The second group people were requesting magnet for the back as shown on the white kitty on the right so they could put the kitty on the refrigerator,.


The Felt Cupcakes



This first group was made with felt and I embroidered the bottom of the cupcakes,  

These two were specifically requested by my youngest grand daughter to be all RED with "Chocolate" colored cupcake bottoms. 
My daughter found the brown "corduroy" felt so there was no need to embroider that part. 

More Tutorials coming in 2018! 

Happy New Year 2018!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.