Monday, April 13, 2015

Felt Projects: Easter and Dolls

Easter and Dolls Projects

I made a lot of Bunnies and Eggs for Easter gifts this year. I also made felt dolls for my nice's twin daughters birthday. They are 4 this year.

I used felt for all and cut out all then added the embellishments such as lace, ribbon, buttons and beads to the Easter Eggs.  The Bunnies have embroidery and a white pompom tail. The side view bunnies have a white felt tail.  Some of the eggs have an opening to add something inside them. 

All the bunnies are lightly stuffed with Poly-fill. The eggs that do not have the openings are also lightly stuffed.

The dolls eyes are embroidered. I sewed their undies on so they do not come off. The clothes are supposed to be like the old paper doll style. I made two sides and they are held together with straps at the top.

I made a pink purse and a purple backpack for the dolls.  The book style storage starts wiht the cover to look like a door and three windows with a flower garden at the bottom. Inside the left side has a dresser where all the clothes are kept with the hats.
The right side has a bed that is a pocket like the dresser where the dolls slip in with two pillows.

I forgot to take a photo of the back which was 10 rows of beads that go from one bead to 10 beads for counting. The beads are the "Biggie Pearler Beads" the same you see as the necklaces for the dolls. 

I saw the idea from a pattern on Pinterest. See photo at the end of my photos.

Lastly I made a cat with the same pattern I used before for cloth cats I made two years ago. 
I have cut out more felt as well and will post what I did with that next week.

Here are all the dolls and their clothes and the Easter felt projects.


The two girl dolls with their sewn on undies
The girls with their necklaces in the bed. Each pillow is lightly stuffed and added lace on the edges


The doll on the left is wearing the backpack and the doll on the right has a purse The tops and pants are attached at the waist

                                   Close up of the purse, the front flap opens
                 Close up of the backpack, the flap opens where the pink button has a button hole
                             Two more outfits one orange and the other blues with matching hats
More outfits one dark pink and the other is red and their matching hats
The last of the outfits, two orange colors, the black has glitter already attached when I bought it
The front of the book is a house with three windows a door and a flower garden with buttons as the flowers and felt leaves, a purple ribbon is the spine of the book
Close up of the flowers and leaves
The dresser has buttons on the outside. The dark purple is the back of the dresser for added strength. There is an opening between the purple and pink to store the clothes 


Easter


Eggs with buttons and beads, lace and ribbon. The blue ribbon was fraying at the ends, I should have cut the ribbon longer and turned under a 1/4 inch. Instead after I embroidered the ribbon and saw that it was fraying I used nail polish to stop the fraying

Two bunnies and one egg. The yellow bunny has a white pompom tail
Bunny and basket of flowers with beads on the handle
Purple bunny
White base egg with buttons and beads
Dark pink egg with rick rack
Light Pink egg with pink heart bead

Close up of one of the baskets of flowers with beads on the handle

Felt Cat
Melissa says "Oh that looks like 'Catburt' from 'Delbert' cartoon. So this one is hers!

I made about 24 eggs and 20 bunnies out of felt. I made 4 baskets of flowers and cut out four cats. I have not finished the cats.  I cut out 4 Owls and two smaller cats different pattern. I will add those soon to this blog.  I decided to do more felt last year as a change of pace from the plastic canvas projects I had been doing
 for the last four years!  I made a ton of plastic canvas and had them on a web page. I will add the best of the plastic canvas here. 
Have a great Spring!
Doll pattern as requested she is 5 and 1/2 inches wide at the legs and 8 1/4 inch tall. The arms are 6 inches from hand to hand area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.