Sunday, July 26, 2015

My Articles in JAQUO magazine

JAQUO Magazine


One of the writers I met online, Jackie Jackson, started an online magazine calle Jaquo.   

Here is the LINK to JAQUO.  

The online magazine has some 1600 articles as of August 2015.

very day. This magazine brings you daily articles to enhance  

"Something new every day. This magazine brings you daily articles to enhance your lifestyle and - we hope - give you a chuckle too.

See the products our writers recommend, read opinion and views, learn how to enhance your lifestyle and plenty more."  ~Jackie Jackson Owner of JAQUO


 http://jaquo.com/
Here is a link of all the popular JAQUO articles:  http://jaquo.com/popular/
The list of popular stories updates daily.


I have been accepted as contributor/author of articles, which I add more as often as I can. 

                               The Writers and me in JAQUO magazine: 


1.   Dresden Story at JAQUO







My first article at JAQUO is a book review. I finished the 15th book in the Dresden Files series! The first book was released in 2000 but I did not hear about the books or begin to read them until after the author, Jim Butcher, had written the 13th book.

I finished books one through 5 in 2013 and books 6 through 14 in 2014.  Book 15 was released in May of 2014 and I finally got to read it via CD's from the local library. I was on the waiting list from May 2014 to the end of 2014.

I go through a lot of books and most of them I get from the Library of Congress - a specialized service for downloading books via flash drive or borrow a flash drive which is mailed to you and play on a spezial digital talkingbook player for the Blind and Visually Impaired  or Handicapped persons.  The service is free with a note from your doctor. 

I am glad to have finished it!


More Articles

The Golden Gate Bridge is closing the weekend of January 10 through January 12, 2015 for upgrades to the barrier that controls traffic in the six lanes.
I wrote this article about it with links to many photos and stories.

2.  Here is my story link at JAQUO:Golden Gate Bridge closure

Here are some construction Photos:

The construction photos are from Pinterest and the car and the bridge photo is from Laurie Salisbury credit for photo of the car and the bridge being built 1936.


3.  November 22, 1963



My personal experience of the events following the assassination of John F Kennedy and the next few days.

Here is my story at JAQUO: November 22, 1963


4.  Island of the Blue Dolphins and Zia 


A book review of the book Island of the Blue Dolphins and the sequel Zia.  I love historical books and this is one that everyone should read.  The sequel was really good, also.



Here is my story at JAQUO:Island of the Blue Dolphins and Zia


5.  My Felt Dolls project



I made these two felt dolls in a doll house for my twin grand niece's. I have already shown all the photos at my blog here,  Jackie at JAQUO said she would love to have more crafting stories so I sent her the photos and pattern, She published it today in her JAQUO magazine online. You can see the story and the others above at this page:

Here is my story at JAQUO: http://jaquo.com/felt-dolls-project/


6.  My plastic canvas Big Bat project


Pattern Book


I make my projects just a little different from the pattern. I don't like carbon copy, I want my projects to reflect my personality and diversity.  I always give credit to the original author and artist.
Here is my story at JAQUO:




7.  Make a Haunted House Kleenex Box cover with Plastic Canvas and Yarn
This Haunted House decoration is also a Kleenex box holder. When you have the Kleenex tissue box in the house and pull up a tissue, it looks like smoke coming out of the house.

Link to the JAQUO page:
http://jaquo.com/make-a-haunted-house-kleenex-box-cover-with-plastic-canvas-and-yarn/

8.  If the Shoe Fits … Bag the Matching Hat!
I adapted these patterns to fit the words above. I just did the hat by itself and shoe by itself. I added the sock to the shoe!


These are for my daughter “Silver” who loves Halloween!

Link to the JAQUO page: http://jaquo.com/halloween-plastic-yarn-craft/


9. Candy Corn Design Plastic Canvas Basket



A plastic canvas project that is easy to do and large enough for a child to do. The  pattern is for size 7 plastic canvas or 7 holes per inch. You could do the pattern in size 5 or 5 holes per inch for ease for a child or very low vision person or elderly adult.