Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 12 - The Rocky Fire is 70% contained - Repopulation news and Help

Day 12 - The Rocky Fire is 70% contained - Repopulation news and Help



The Lake County News Website  http://www.lakeconews.com/
There are a lot of articles to read about help for the repopulation of the burned acres. The fire remains steady this am at 70% contained with no new structures burned. 

The amount of firefighters is diminishing as they are not needed. There are still a great deal of firefighters on the job.

The CAL FIRE page looks like the same information as last night so I will not add it.

Many residences have posted a lot of thank you posters and signs. Here is the one from the Lake County News at FaceBook:


                   Photo Credit  Photo courtesy of Cindy Burton





Photo posted by Diana McLaughlin  Link to the Lake County News at Facebook  * see words in photo below


posted at the Lake County News at Facebook  by Christina Klemish 

==========================
Since the fire is nearing containment I will only have a brief summary of the news about the #Rockyfire in my Blog.
Thanking the many firefighters, volunteers and communities involved in this fire for aall their hard work in helping to get this fire under control.


* Words in the poem here from  Professional Firefighters of Massachusetts 


This is the original “Fireman’s Prayer”. Although the author is unknown, and that the words have often been changed to the term “Firefighter”, we have posted the poem in it’s original form.

"Fireman's Prayer"
When I am called to duty, God
whenever flames may rage,
give me the strength to save some life
Whatever be its age.
Help me to embrace a little child
before it’s too late,
or some older person
from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert
and hear the weakest shout,
and quickly and efficiently
to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling
and give the best in me,
to guard my neighbor
and protect his property.
and if according to my fate
I am to lose my life,
Please bless with your protecting hand
my children and my wife.
- Author Unknown.


One last video from http://kron4.com/  http://kron4.com/2015/08/05/lake-county-wildfire-continues-to-grow-dozens-of-buildings-destroyed/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! However, if you are just commenting to get me to come look at your page because you are selling something, I will delete your post.